Vienna International Studies
EduEarth and ULSIT present :
Highlights of the PhD Programme
- Launched in 1999 with the the Bologna Declaration, it now defines the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)
- The EHEA Ministerial Conferences have taken place throughout whole Europe every 2 or 3 years since then and have acheived:
- Comparable degrees
- Credits, ECTS
- 3 levels (Bachelor, Master, PhD) of cooperation
- Promoting the mobility of students and teachers
- Promoting European cooperation in quality assurance
- Promoting the European dimension in higher education
- Originally 29 in 1999, now 49 states are included
- CROSS-BORDER STUDYING
- Announced in Austria (location Vienna) and AQ registered
- Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria)
- The inclusion in a directory of AQ Austria is a required condition for conducting foreign university studies, e.g.
- University of Library Studies and Information Technologies
- Courses conducted in Austria -> Doctoral programs:
- Automated Information Processing and Management Systems (PhD or Dr)
- Organization and Management of Information Processes (PhD or Dr)
- Cultural and Historical Heritage in Modern Information Environment (PhD or Dr)
- Book Studies, Library Studies and Bibliography (PhD or Dr)
(Decision of the Board of 10.12.2015)
UNIVERSITY OF LIBRARY STUDIES AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
- State University in Sofia
- In the worldwide ranking list the university is comparable with the University of Mozarteum Salzburg, University of Education Vienna and the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland (Austria) or the University of Speyer, the University of Bochum, the Steinbeis University Berlin (D)
Germany, legal basis
Decision of the Conference of the Ministry of Culture of 21.09.2001 i. d. F. from 26.06.2015:
Higher education degrees from Member States of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), as well as higher education degrees of the European University Institute Florence and the Pontifical Universities, can be kept in their original form without appellation of origin.
Holder of a doctoral degree, acquired in a scientific doctoral procedure in EU state or institution, may use the approved common abbreviation of the country of origin. Section 1 of the resolution of 14.04.2000 alternatively points the abbreviation „Dr.“ without technical addition and without designation of origin. This does not apply to doctoral degrees awarded without doctoral studies and procedures (so-called professional doctorates) and to doctoral degrees which, according to the legislation of the country of origin, are not assigned to the third level of the Bologna classification of degrees. Simultaneous management of both abbreviations is not permitted.
- Quality Control
- WE SUPPORT YOU THROUGH THE ENTIRE STUDY PROCESS
- REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- Submission of application documents with a doctoral thesis‘ topic
- Examination of the admission options and the topic proposal
- If the admission requirements are met and the topic is suitable, both sides – agency and student sign a contract
- After signing of the contract, the student will be accepted by the university
- Then the candidate has to prepare „Concept of the dissertation“ on his / her dissertation
- The student can start at any time, there are no fixed enrollment dates.
- DOCUMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
- Application Form
- CV in English (europass) with color photo and handwritten signed
- Notarized master’s degree (Master) or other degree (Dipl.Ing. …) with Diploma Supplement proving the fulfillment of the admission requirements
- Medical certificate
- Criminal record certificate if available
- List of scientific publications, if the student already has ones. Or he / she has to make them during the study
- Research Concept
- ID copy
- Social Security number
- Dissertation if already available or at least 2/3 finished – then you can do a doctorate within one year
- Proof of a completed course in English – otherwise you will need
- PH.D. RESEARCH CONCEPT
- TITLE OF PHD DISSERTATION
- PHD SUPERVISOR(S)
- STATE OF THE ART
- RESEARCH OBJECT
- RESEARCH SUBJECT
- AIM OF THE RESEARCH
- RESEARCH TASKS
- WORKING HYPOTHESIS
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND TOOLS
- CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS, QUALITY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF THE RESEARCH AND THE METRICS
- FINAL RESEARCH PRODUCT/ OUTCOME
- CUSTOMER OF THE RESEARCH PRODUCT AND WAYS IT CAN BE USED
- APPROBATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PRODUCT
- STRUCTURE AND SHORT CHAPTER ANNOTATIONS
- PUBLICITY OF RESULTS
- EXPECTED SCIENTIFIC AND PRACTICAL CONTRIBUTIONS
- PROCESS OF STUDY
After the successful registration and enrollment the candidate completes the dissertation and provides the required examinations:
- At least three publications
- Proof of knowledge of the English language
- 5 – 6 Submitted assignments, which bring you ECTS are confirmed in the transcript
- Author’s summary of the dissertation
- A pre-defense (can also be done via skype)
- Completion of the dissertation
- The final defense of the work (defensio) in Sofia
- COURSE EXAMS – EXAMPLE
- COURSE NAME: Theory and Practice of Knowledge Management
- EXAM FORM: Essay on the book “The Revolutionary Wealth” (Alvin Toffler and Heidi Toffler, 2007).
- Write an essay no less than 1500 words no longer than 2000 words (ex.: no less than 5 pages and it shouldn’t exceed 7 pages). The font you are to use for your text should be 14-point Times New Roman, whether in normal, bold, or italic, the line spacing should be exactly 1,5.
- Choose your own topic depending on the issue/ issues that you find most interesting or intriguing in the book. Read carefully the criteria for evaluation of essays at the University before you start writing it. Do not forget to write the title of the essay and to include a statement of your main thesis in the beginning.
12. Final Defense in Sofia
The study duration is normally 3 years. If the dissertation is completed and meets the requirements both quantitatively and qualitatively, you can also do your doctorate earlier.
Tuition and costs of the procedure:
- The tuition fee is EUR 19,900, which includes the fees for two years. If a third year is needed, EUR 1,200 will be added to the faculty fees.
- The work has to be submitted in Bulgarian or in English, so that translation costs may be added if necessary. These are in Bulgaria with about EUR 6.00 / page (Bulgarian – German) but quite cheap.
- Travel expenses to Bulgaria are incurred only for the defense, which takes place in presence in Sofia. All other appointments can be completed online, e.g. the pre-defense.
- If an interpreter is required for the defense, there would be a corresponding cost. The defense can be in English or Bulgarian.
SOME OF OUR DOCTORS
Dr. Georg Votava, Director bei Lohmann&Rauscher Export and Emerging Market
“Working in one of the leading companies for medical devices in Europe for more than 25 years, I am responsible for the worldwide export business. After my PhD program I got promoted as the new head for worldwide education and training, and all international affairs.”
Dr. Hesham Hafez, Owner of Paper Distribution International PDI GROUP
“It is my greatest pleasure to work with EduEarth and VIS, and I am very pleased to recommend their team. They have helped and supported me a lot throughout my PhD program. I was very impressed on how they walked me through the whole study process where they assisted me on every detail I need. The people who worked with me are very helpful and professional.”
Dr. Brigitte Mitterlechner-Pollak, Scientific / legal assistant at the controlling office, Federal Administrative Court
“I can recommend the EduEarth and VIS teams 100%! They helped me a lot during my PhD program, and they were really perfect in their mission to educate and support me throughout the whole study process. The people working with me understood and facilitated everything that I needed.”
ASK US MORE
+359 899 993 654